Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Life, as it's been happening lately.

"Just living is not enough... 
one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
~Hans Christian Andersen

It's important to check in. I do it periodically throughout the day, especially when I'm meditating or am driving around town with one hand on my heart, but sometimes, it's helpful to take a bigger step back and fully see everything that's happening... all the magic that's unfolding.

The other night, I had dinner with a beautiful friend who I hadn't seen in months. During our conversation, she reminded me of the things that I had spoken about the last time I saw her — about the types of relationships I'd like to have in my life, about the experiences I was hoping for with career and writing and teaching. She also encouraged me to take pause.

"It's like you're glossing over these really great things that are happening in your life!" she enthused. "Do you see yourself doing that? It's almost like you're not hearing what you're saying and embracing what's happening?"

And it was true. I wasn't. Life has almost been too good to be true (although it is true), so it's hard for me to pause and reflect and bow my head in gratitude. 

In my life now, I get to write. Constantly. I get to pen for different outlets and receive feedback from people around the world about how I'm positively impacting their lives and inspiring hope. 

In my life right now, I am surrounded by amazingly beautiful souls. They are the most amazing and incredible human beings I could ever be blessed with, these friends of mine who send me text messages throughout the day reminding me that I am a rock star, that they love me, that they are thinking of me in bright ways. And, I get to reciprocate that love in return with hugs and meals and sweet conversations. 

In my life now, I get to teach! I get to teach yoga and use my voice and share the knowledge that I've acquired through my life experiences and learnings. I get to be all of me, the person who stumbles and falters, the person who's unsure, the person who acts from a place of great potential. I get to do this in class settings, workshops, corporate environments, and even online.

In my life right now, I am meeting incredible men. These are men who offer me their time and attention and affection in ways that I don't feel pressured to have to reciprocate with physical means. These men are restoring my faith in yang (masculine) energy and letting me be all of my yin (feminine)! And, it's not that these men are asking me out on dates. It's that they're encouraging me to feel safe to be who I am in their company, that they celebrate what is lovely on the inside and outside, and they are reflecting back to me the lessons that I am working on in order to find that everlasting kind of love. These men are taking care of me, and most importantly, I am open to receiving it, which is something absolutely new. It is, quite possibly, the best I've ever felt around the opposite sex.

In my life, I am healthy. I am learning how to be well physically, mentally, and emotionally. I slip sometimes and then catch my balance. Other times, I fall completely to the floor. And then, there are times when I feel like I'm levitating in buoyant gratitude and humility for how miraculous every moment can be.

In my life right now, I am learning how to get out of my own way and let the grace of the Universe guide me to where I'm meant to be go and be.

In my life, I am living my truth with radiant intention and this is the most golden and sparkly I have ever felt. 

May my days continue to be auroral, to twinkle, to shoot across the sky in ways that cause wishes to come true.

Thank you, Universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment