Saturday, April 6, 2013

Day 2 Letting LOose Challenge: Going around au naturale.

"Our hearts are drunk with a beauty our eyes could never see."
~George W. Russell

In my quest for perfection, I hardly ever leave the house without making sure I look as good as I feel comfortable with that day. I've never been one to wear tons of make-up, but have occasionally spent a bit of time to make everything look just right on my face and my body. In junior high, I used to spend an eternity hair-spraying my bangs so that they'd roll up away from my forehead in a perfect wave formation, but these days, I just try to make sure that I'm pretty put together.

So, today, I decide I'm heading out of the house sans makeup and not putting in much more effort than  flip-flops, a hoodie and a smile. Going au naturale is my way of being a bit more exposed, practicing this idea that I can be accepted just as I am, and realizing that the judgments I believe people are placing upon me are actually mini-fictional write-ups I've created in my head.

While working with one of my private clients, I told her about what I'm doing, about how I'm aiming to shift my ways of being through this 21-Day Let LOose Challenge. "I think," she imparted, "that by the end of this, you may realize that with make-up or without it, you're still amazingly beautiful."

No comments:

Post a Comment