Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Day 5 Letting LOose Challenge: Screaming at the top of my lungs in the car.

"Get mad, then get over it."
~Colin Powell

I used to not have a very good time expressing anger. And still, I'm working on learning how to do this in an effective and healthy manner. But sometimes, you gotta just let loose! There's a place here in San Diego I heard about on the radio a long time ago, where you can rent time in a room filled with plates and other things to smash, break, and just let anger out on. 

Today, I felt the need to release and did so in one of the places I love to "get therapy" in — my car. With the windows rolled up, the music blaring, and the body busy with a mundane task, it lets my spirit and brain be free in a moving meditation. I decided it was time for some screaming. 

And, that's exactly what I did. I yelled at the top of my lungs, I shouted, I screamed, I let loose by using my voice and expelling what no longer serves me.

It felt... congruent. By the end of the drive, I was able to enjoy the music, heart lighter, head freer, and body looser. I'm sure this won't be the last time I Let LOose in this way as I learn how to express my upset in the moment rather than letting things get pent up to the point that exploding expletives at a full decibel are the only the way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment