Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Day 6 Letting LOose Challenge: Midnight frolicking.

"O wild and wondrous midnight,
There is a might in thee
To make the charmed body
Almost like spirit be,
And give it some faint glimpses
Of immortality."
~James Russell Lowell, Midnight

This one is on the cusp of two days together, but after offering Reiki to a client, I decided to stay in the space and do a little energy healing on myself. By the time I was driving home, it was almost midnight. I passed by the ocean waves, the empty streets, the lonely stoplights. And, even though I was preparing to turn right towards my house, I decided to make a U-turn, go back, park the car, get out, and walk along the shores.

In the darkness of night, birds were clustered en masse before me, chirping in soliloquies and dialogues. A sole egret bathed in the shallow sea. My body felt like it wanted to move in the cool air, so I began to leap over grains of moist sand. Once my heart started beating and with no one else around to see me, I took running starts into cartwheels, over and over again until I became dizzy. It felt like lift off. 

'This must be a hint of what whirling dervishes feel in their sacred dance,' I thought. 

I wanted to fly and on this evening, I felt like I came close. A bit nearer towards liberation, spinning all of the excess worries and anxieties and burdens off of me, so that by the time I walked back to my car, I was a bit more crystalline clear in the truth of my being.

2 comments:

  1. I have bookmarked your blog; I found it through MindBodyGreen, and I love your challenge! And-and I love you I have to say! :D I have no idea why I wanted to write that, but it is so. :) I need a break like this. A BIG ONE. I obsess and wonder and try to meet that next goal and follow this and that rules, that I'm going crazy it seems. I think I'm going to go loose like you. ^_^

    -Merry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Merry,

      Thank you so much for your kind words and feedback! :) I'm looking forward to what this journey will reveal in the end... and let's both go loosey goosey together!

      Happy Tuesday,
      Judy

      Delete